We welcome children of all faiths, backgrounds and beliefs into our inclusive community. We seek inspiration from the life and teaching of Jesus Christ to help our children achieve their full potential. We uphold the distinctive Christian ethos and values of the Heartwood academy when making all decisions and implementing policy and practice. We aim to provide a caring and stimulating environment which promotes a love of learning whilst seeking to inspire every pupil to become a well-motivated, independent and resourceful learner.
This ethos statement is understood, accepted and supported by all staff of the Academy.
- To respect each other as unique individuals.
- To foster a Christian ethos which encompasses the whole school community, building links with local churches.
- To provide for all the aspects of children’s development, academically, socially, physically and morally.
- To foster in our pupils the attitudes of honesty, understanding, politeness, good manners and self-control.
- To encourage respect and tolerance of people and cultures different to our own.
- To inspire each and every child to become a caring member of the society in which they live, enabling them to adapt to an ever changing world.
- To help pupils to develop lively and enquiring minds, encouraging them to be able to apply themselves to tasks and skills.
- To become confident independent learners.
- To encourage and value a partnership with parents based on trust and a shared understanding of one another’s role in enriching their child’s learning
Spirituality is the opening of hearts and minds, through reflection, and questioning of the world; which lifts the soul and makes the heart sing. For some, it will be experienced through faith and worship.